Clinical RN Supervisor
Req # 2019-7754
Work Boldly. Live Brilliantly.
Bold decisions and innovative thinking have helped AltaMed, headquartered in Commerce, Calif., become the nation’s largest network of community-based primary care clinics and senior care programs. Some 2,000 professionals in medicine, nursing, social work, mental health rehabilitation, dentistry and health administration assure that we not only provide quality care, but that we do so without exception or regard to ability to pay. We are JCHAO-accredited, and strongly focused on wellness, preventative care and eliminating health care disparities.
This position is responsible for all aspects of the ‘back office’ including nursing care and the supervision of clinical support and nursing staff by overseeing the day-to-day clinical staff activities and ensuring the patient care staff provide high quality, accessible, cost effective care and patient focused services. Additionally, this position will implement and maintain clinical and patient care practice standards, budgets, and staff development.
- Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required. Masters degree in nursing, health services, business administration or management preferred.
- Current valid license as a registered nurse through the California Board of Registered Nursing required.
- Minimum of three years of experience in clinical care management working in an outpatient setting, preferably in a Family Practice environment coupled with experience in the staff supervision, preferably in a Healthcare environment also required.
- Must maintain current CPR/First Aid Certificate.
- Prior experience with an Electronic Health/Medical (EHR/EMR) system preferred.
- Plans, organizes, and oversees staff to provide quality patient care.
- Ensures the patient care staff provides the highest quality of care and are in compliance with the Nurse Practice Act, TJC, NCQA, federal, state and local requirements.
- Evaluates care and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Oversees the department’s daily staffing requirements.
- Orients clinical staff to their job responsibilities.
- Provides leadership in clinical problem solving by maintaining clinical skill and knowledge necessary to set standard and work in clinical areas of nursing.
- Ensures a thorough orientation plan for new staff members and orients clinical staff to their job responsibilities.
- Evaluates and schedules inservices/training necessary to keep the staff current.
- Ensures department activities and records are in adherence to all licensing and regulatory requirements.
- Implements and interprets organizational policies and procedures and applicable standards and regulations.
- Functions as Patient Advocate, ensuring that patient concerns are resolved or addressed expeditiously.
- Collaborates with physicians, nursing and other health care providers in establishing, implementing, and maintaining patient care and quality service standards to meet members' and internal clients' expectations.
- Provide input to budgets and monitors financial performance and identifies and implements strategies to reduce costs and improve quality.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
AltaMed offers a comprehensive benefits program that recognizes the needs of our diverse employees by supporting their health, security and professional growth.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Voluntary Short-term Disability Plan
- Long-term Disability Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance (Basic & Voluntary)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (Basic & Voluntary)
- Career Growth and Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education Programs
- Employee Reward & Recognition Programs
- Corporate Employee Discount Programs
- Wellness Programs