Coordinator, Women's Health
Req # 2019-7909
Work Boldly. Live Brilliantly.
Bold decisions and innovative thinking have helped AltaMed, headquartered in Commerce, Calif., become the nation’s largest network of community-based primary care clinics and senior care programs. Some 2,000 professionals in medicine, nursing, social work, mental health rehabilitation, dentistry and health administration assure that we not only provide quality care, but that we do so without exception or regard to ability to pay. We are JCHAO-accredited, and strongly focused on wellness, preventative care and eliminating health care disparities.
This position is responsible for providing women’s health education and one-on-one counseling services delivered through the Comprehensive Perinatal Services and Family Planning (CPSP) programs. The intent and focus of this position is to develop and structure a seamless interface among these varied services so as to provide easy access to our patients. This position represents the clinic in all matters dealing with the delivery of these services and works closely with the Clinic Administrator, Woman’s Health Manager, Medical Providers, and Nursing staff to develop and implement the goals and objectives of the various programs and services represented.
- High School diploma or GED equivalent required.
- Medical Assistant diploma required from an accredited school and a minimum of one year of OB/GYN experience.
- Bilingual: English/Spanish depending on population being served.
- Ensures that all services available are utilized to the maximum benefit of each client (male and female) and within the standards of the Family P.A.C.T., Title X and CPSP guidelines.
- Assesses eligibility for women’s health programs, assists clients with the completion of all forms relative to the type of visit and assures that clients understand and comply with all required documentation.
- Provides clients with proper education and information; documentation reflects CPSP Title 22 guidelines.
- Acts as a patient advocate by providing the most comprehensive, quality services available.
- Conducts group and individual education and counseling sessions within the clinic.
- Attends scheduled trainings in order to maintain knowledge and skills at a level appropriate to meet the changing needs of clients and to enhance own performance.
- Schedules appointments, makes reminder phone calls and follows-up on abnormal labs, failed appointments and other areas identified for follow-up.
- Performs process with increased complexity or additional duties/ responsibilities/ special trainings.
- Adheres to the EHR workflow to ensure accurate documentation.
- Timely completion and submission of all perinatal reports and billing encounters.
- Takes leadership role for women’s health clinic team within their clinic, to promote cohesiveness with providers and staff.
- Submits appropriate referral within AltaMed and outside organizations and ensure follow through.
- Facilitates patient’s selection of AltaMed as their Medical Home.
- May act as a Medical Assistant in order to accomplish job tasks by drawing blood, administering pregnancy tests, vitals, etc.; may assist clinical providers as needed.
- Meet productivity goals as assigned by Clinic Administrator and Woman’s Health Manager.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
AltaMed offers a comprehensive benefits program that recognizes the needs of our diverse employees by supporting their health, security and professional growth.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Voluntary Short-term Disability Plan
- Long-term Disability Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance (Basic & Voluntary)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (Basic & Voluntary)
- Career Growth and Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education Programs
- Employee Reward & Recognition Programs
- Corporate Employee Discount Programs
- Wellness Programs