Grant Writer III
Req # 2019-8811
Work Boldly. Live Brilliantly.
Bold decisions and innovative thinking have helped AltaMed, headquartered in Commerce, Calif., become the nation’s largest network of community-based primary care clinics and senior care programs. Some 2,000 professionals in medicine, nursing, social work, mental health rehabilitation, dentistry and health administration assure that we not only provide quality care, but that we do so without exception or regard to ability to pay. We are JCHAO-accredited, and strongly focused on wellness, preventative care and eliminating health care disparities.
This position is responsible for identifying and respond to government RFPs, coordinate and manage the internal RFP application process, and proactively seek new agencies and sources for public funds as well as responsible for the production of project/program proposals, grant applications, and concept papers that expand and enhance AltaMed business development activities and leading the development of program budgets.
- B.A. or equivalent experience, preferable in proposal writing for healthcare or related field coupled with a minimum of 5 years of grant writing experience preferably in the non-profit sector; or, 7 years of professional writing experience (i.e., promotional and marketing writing, technical writing, research, journalism, teaching language arts, etc.).
- Responsible for the production of project/ program proposals, grant applications, and concept papers that expand and enhance AltaMed business development activities.
- Management of all aspects of proposal preparation to ensure complete, accurate, timely, high-quality submission that conforms with requirements of potential funders.
- Lead, develop and direct program planning and planning team members.
- Supervise the creation, development and initial implementation of programs and enterprise-wide initiatives.
- Create appropriate program budgets, implementation timelines and deliverables, evaluation plans, and quantifiable goals and objectives independently.
- Independently establish and define an editorial and application strategy that will present the most compelling case for funding.
- Critically analyze current program and project activities to identify opportunities to integrate evidence-based, industry-accepted models of intervention and services.
- Represent AltaMed and supervise collaborative proposal and grant application activities with community partners.
- Independently link funding opportunities and leveraging opportunities to AltaMed current and projected needs.
- Autonomously acquire, maintain, and expand knowledge of health industry-related topics, current events, policy updates, local/ regional/ national budget issues and political discussions that impact AltaMed’s work.
- Provide technical assistance, coaching and professional development support of Grants Development Associate and new team members.
- Perform all other related duties as assigned.
AltaMed offers a comprehensive benefits program that recognizes the needs of our diverse employees by supporting their health, security and professional growth.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Voluntary Short-term Disability Plan
- Long-term Disability Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance (Basic & Voluntary)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (Basic & Voluntary)
- Career Growth and Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education Programs
- Employee Reward & Recognition Programs
- Corporate Employee Discount Programs
- Wellness Programs