Req # 2021-11557
Bold decisions and innovative thinking have helped AltaMed, headquartered in Commerce, Calif., become the nation’s largest network of community-based primary care clinics and senior care programs. Some 2,000 professionals in medicine, nursing, social work, mental health rehabilitation, dentistry and health administration assure that we not only provide quality care, but that we do so without exception or regard to ability to pay. We are JCHAO-accredited, and strongly focused on wellness, preventative care and eliminating health care disparities.
The PACE Director of Clinical Nursing in collaboration with the Medical Director of Clinical Services for PACE, is responsible for all nursing leadership and professional practices of nursing at AltaMed PACE centers. Responsible for developing and implementing quality, cost-effective, efficient clinical systems and protocols for standardizing processes of patient care at all AltaMed PACE sites. Provides leadership to include the development of innovative clinical services, oversees implementation and accountable for nursing metrics for the delivery of quality care. This includes patient services, creating and managing nursing leadership within the organization, and administers all patient care programs related to nursing. PACE Director of Clinical Nursing is responsible to assist in efforts for nursing recruiting, onboarding and training to meet standards in clinical nursing care.
1. Bachelor’s degree in Nursing required. Master’s degree in nursing highly preferred. Healthcare background preferred.
2. Registered Nurse with a current California State Board of Nursing License coupled with a minimum of five (5) years Registered Nursing experience and a minimum of three (3) years advanced practice or above nursing leadership experience.
3. Minimum of 2 years of geriatric nursing experience preferred.
4. Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively and to encourage collegial working relationships and team building within program and with outside partnerships.
5. Understanding of basic budgeting and financial reporting preferred.
6. Basic computer and typing literacy and competency.
7. Basic Familiarity with excel and word documents, Power Point skills or other statistical programs.
1. Responsible for developing and refining all professional practices of nursing at AltaMed PACE centers, to assist in improving quality of care delivery, cost-effective, efficient clinical systems and protocols for standardizing processes of care delivery at all AltaMed PACE sites.
2. Responsible for collaborating to development, implementation of clinical nursing protocols, defining scope of practice for nursing, policies in accordance with standards of nursing practice and best practices.
3. Assess variability in nursing practice within the organization to determine areas in which to improve outcomes, quality of care and efficiencies.
4. Foster inter-professional collaboration among nursing and clinical staff to achieve optimal outcomes.
5. Promote an interdisciplinary approach to PACE participants care and the coordination of care across health disciplines.
6. Engages all levels of nursing leadership in joint planning of activities to enhance professional nursing practice and promote the participation of nurses in decision-making.
7. Focus on expanding and advancing scope of practice to maximize nursing talent in clinical practice.
8. Develops approaches and strategies to build nursing pipelines, and work to improve engagement and retention of PACE nursing staff.
9. Develops/updates competency assessment programs to ensure all nursing staff performs and responsibilities with utmost efficiency and safety.
10. Ensures appropriately qualified, sufficient nursing staff are available and assigned to fill nursing staff positions including:
11. Responsible for float/per diem pool hiring, onboarding, coaching and evaluating all nursing performance.
12. Supports all clinical, quality assurance and utilization management programs.
13. Provide oversight to performance/quality outcomes and patient satisfaction surveys relative to departmental objectives of the PACE nursing department.
14. Assess and evaluates the delivery, consistency, and quality of nursing services; provide critical input to center leadership in evaluating all nursing personnel performance.
15. Collaborates to develop and implement quality indicators with appropriate standards that are specific to nursing services.
16. Maintains performance improvement activities related to nursing services, chronic disease and clinical Quality Improvement initiatives at PACE centers.
17. Supports the development of a business plan and budget for the nursing unit and monitors expenditures related to Nursing Practice.
18. Oversee new PACE center clinic start-up operations include activities and resources required to operate and manage a clinical practice up to the standards.
19. Performs other duties as assigned.
AltaMed offers a comprehensive benefits program that recognizes the needs of our diverse employees by supporting their health, security and professional growth.