Req # 2022-13584
Bold decisions and innovative thinking have helped AltaMed, headquartered in Commerce, Calif., become the nation’s largest network of community-based primary care clinics and senior care programs. Some 2,000 professionals in medicine, nursing, social work, mental health rehabilitation, dentistry and health administration assure that we not only provide quality care, but that we do so without exception or regard to ability to pay. We are JCHAO-accredited, and strongly focused on wellness, preventative care and eliminating health care disparities.
Provides nursing care within licensed scope of practice.
1. Provides excellent customer service at all times, to internal and external customers.
2. Determines specific needs for each clinic and prepares area with appropriate supplies, equipment, etc.
3. Interviews patients and/or family, reviews patients charts and progress notes to determine prior visits to the clinic, history, status of follow-up on physicians’ orders and definition of problems.
4. Refers defined patient needs to physician.
5. Instructs patients’ and/or family as directed by Registered Nurse or Provider.
6. Assists physician with procedures and treatments.
7. Participates in chart review of patients who failed clinic appointments to determine urgency of follow-up care, contacts social worker when necessary and reviews with clinic staff the plan for follow-up appointments.
8. Document intake into EHR (for all specialties) and function as a system superuser for AltaMed’s EHR. Follow-up on in-basket message and management tasks.
9. Maintains adequate levels of medication, supplies, and teaching aids for optimal patient care.
10. Assists in orientation of new personnel.
11. Participates in staff meetings and ongoing clinic nursing reviews.
12. Provides nursing staff coverage in clinics as assigned.
13. Assists any and all internal or external consumers with any problems they may have in a pleasant and cooperative manner.
14. Responsible for collecting data from "walk-in" or "phone-in" patients and follows provider orders as directed.
15. Performs, observes, and records symptoms, interactions and progress of the patient and reports findings to the medical provider. Does not make independent medical or healthcare decisions.
16. Assists medical providers and/or carries out medical provider’s orders by performing requested tests.
17. Assist with referrals as needed.
18. Responsible for assisting with the completion of all calibration of medical equipment and ensuring logs are up to date.
19. Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of all back office policies and procedure, as directed.
20. Handles client health information as trained by Compliance Training.
21. Performs other related duties as assigned.
Position May Include Patient Service Center (PSC) Responsibilities:
22. Responsible for maintaining current knowledge of all clinic and Patient Service Center policies and procedure.
Position May Include Mammography and Pap Smear Registry Responsibilities:
23. Follow up on Registry patients (Abnormal Paps, Mammograms, Colorectal, and Lab results) by determining appropriate next actions and contacting patient to provide information.
24. Tracks patients with a history of abnormal registry results to ensure compliance with recommended actions.
25. Informs patients of PAP results and provide recommendation based on ASCCP Screening Guidelines as directed by Registered Nurse or Provider.
26. Documents and communicates activities via EHR with providers and actions taken (e.g. medication, immunization records, nursing care plans, etc.)
AltaMed offers a comprehensive benefits program that recognizes the needs of our diverse employees by supporting their health, security and professional growth.