Supervisor, Nursing (RN) - SCS
Req # 2022-13610
Work Boldly. Live Brilliantly.
Bold decisions and innovative thinking have helped AltaMed, headquartered in Commerce, Calif., become the nation’s largest network of community-based primary care clinics and senior care programs. Some 2,000 professionals in medicine, nursing, social work, mental health rehabilitation, dentistry and health administration assure that we not only provide quality care, but that we do so without exception or regard to ability to pay. We are JCHAO-accredited, and strongly focused on wellness, preventative care and eliminating health care disparities.
This position is responsible for all aspects of nursing care and the supervision of clinical support and nursing staff. The Supervisor is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day staff activities. Will interact, coordinate, and facilitate activities with all disciplines, departments, and appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Graduation from an accredited school of nursing and current valid license by the State Board of Nursing.
- A minimum of two years’ experience in geriatric nursing preferred and minimum one year experience in the supervision and management of staff in a healthcare environment.
- Bilingual English/Spanish, Tagalog, or Mandarin preferred.
- Responsible for ensuring the timely and comprehensive completion of initial and re-assessments with particular attention to the nursing component, including specific short- term nursing goals in each individualized plan of care.
- Maintains acceptable standards of nursing care, based on program specific regulatory requirements as well as Joint Commission and AltaMed standards.
- Assist with interviewing and hiring of clinical support and nursing staff.
- Responsible for competency training, in-services, and assessments including but not limited to venipuncture, Infection control, Injections, immunizations, protocols, and nursing documentation as appropriate.
- Assists with preparing for various private, county, and state audits.
- Responsible for the implementation, monitoring and maintenance of all logs, including monitoring, administering, and recording ordered medications.
- Responsible for ensuring the ordering and maintaining of adequate supplies and equipment. May delegate to staff members as needed.
- Responds to medical emergencies and will take the lead in management of the situation as indicated.
- Screen and triage “walk-in” and “telephonic patient contacts” as needed.
- Provides health education and counseling to the participant and family when indicated by the plan of care.
- Acts as liaison between departments, in addition community providers, specialists, institutions, home health agencies, DME vendors, and appropriate regulatory agencies.
- Supports and enforces infection-control policies and procedures and supports the Quality Improvement Programs, and Utilization Management (PACE) programs/strategies.
- Participates as an active member of the inter or multi-disciplinary team to assess the nursing need of the patient.
- Accurately assesses and documents patient status to support the regulatory review and approvals of initial enrollment (LOC for PACE).
- Ensures annual review of program policies and procedures, modifying as appropriate and consistent with appropriate standards.
- Supervises, coordinates and ensures efficient operations in the clinical setting as appropriate.
- Completes subordinates performance evaluations in a timely manner with coaching and appropriate ongoing communications with staff.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
AltaMed offers a comprehensive benefits program that recognizes the needs of our diverse employees by supporting their health, security and professional growth.
- Medical/Dental/Vision Plans
- Voluntary Short-term Disability Plan
- Long-term Disability Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Health Care and Dependent Care Reimbursement Accounts (FSA)
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- 403 (b) Retirement Plan
- Life Insurance (Basic & Voluntary)
- Accidental Death & Dismemberment (Basic & Voluntary)
- Career Growth and Development
- Tuition Reimbursement
- Continuing Education Programs
- Employee Reward & Recognition Programs
- Corporate Employee Discount Programs
- Wellness Programs