Req # 2022-14083
Bold decisions and innovative thinking have helped AltaMed, headquartered in Commerce, Calif., become the nation’s largest network of community-based primary care clinics and senior care programs. Some 2,000 professionals in medicine, nursing, social work, mental health rehabilitation, dentistry and health administration assure that we not only provide quality care, but that we do so without exception or regard to ability to pay. We are JCHAO-accredited, and strongly focused on wellness, preventative care and eliminating health care disparities.
This position is under the guidance and direct supervision of the PACE Supervisor. The Personal Care Attendant I provides support to participants across all platforms of delivery of care. Ability to assist in the coordination, preparation of all food services, support and assist center activities, coordinate the delivery of quality activity program/activities for all participants. Ensure that the recreational, physical, intellectual, spiritual, and ensures social needs of each patient is met. Accompany/assist PACE participants to and from outside specialty appointments.
1. High school diploma or equivalent, required.
2. California Food Handler Certificate of Achievement upon employment preferred, must attain within 30 days of employment.
3. Minimum of 1-year experience working with the frail elderly (Geriatric) and disabled population, preferred.
4. Current BLS certification, required.
5. Bilingual English/Spanish/Cantonese/Mandarin, preferred.
1. Assist in the coordination of all food services including breakfast and lunch preparations, home meals, center snacks, and special events.
2. Assist with the day floor set-up, participant feeding, preparation of meal plates and snacks, serving of meals and cleaning as needed.
3. Assist in taking breakfast and lunch temperatures when the food arrives, checks and records temperature of food before serving. Informs dietitian of any issues.
4. Review, prepare, and update special diet lists and present trays as instructed; will use discretion to protect participant privacy as much as possible.
5. During meal service, utilizes posted diet lists or diet log, to ensure that modified diets and adaptive feeding equipment is provided correctly.
6. Help maintain records of meals served, participant lists, nutrition records, and other required reporting. Assist with tallies of all meals served.
7. Ensure proper safety techniques in food handling and serving.
8. Monitor kitchen supplies (plates, cups, creamer, napkins, and silverware), ensure they are full; replenish/replace and inform their supervisor about order placement.
9. Maintain cleanliness and order in the kitchen and food supply areas. Ensures cleanliness of refrigerators and freezers. Completes weekly cleaning log.
10. Collaborate and assist Activities Coordinators by leading, conducting or supporting participation in activities in person, video or telephonically. Assists with daily tracking of the participant’s participation in center activities, events, and outings.
11. Assist with the maintenance, inventory, and management of activity equipment and supplies.
12. Provide timely feedback to direct Supervisor, PACE Care Center Supervisor or Center Manager regarding participant satisfaction, change in behavior and participation.
13. Escort participants to and from activities at the center, outside specialty appointments if needed.
14. Assist participants with transfers and personal care while at the outside appointment.
15. Provide all documents (I.e. Communication form, prescriptions) and orders to appropriate personnel at the center.
16. Provide assistance with other departments at the center as directed by direct Supervisor.
17. Attend meeting and training routinely and as needed.
18. Perform all other related duties as assigned.
AltaMed offers a comprehensive benefits program that recognizes the needs of our diverse employees by supporting their health, security and professional growth.