Req # 2022-14184
Bold decisions and innovative thinking have helped AltaMed, headquartered in Commerce, Calif., become the nation’s largest network of community-based primary care clinics and senior care programs. Some 2,000 professionals in medicine, nursing, social work, mental health rehabilitation, dentistry and health administration assure that we not only provide quality care, but that we do so without exception or regard to ability to pay. We are JCHAO-accredited, and strongly focused on wellness, preventative care and eliminating health care disparities.
Under the direct supervision of the PACE Care Center Supervisor, the Rehabilitation Aide will perform or assist with personal care ADLs/IADL’s for participants in the home. If at the PACE Center, the Rehabilitation Aide assists with treatments for physical, mental, and occupational disabilities, injuries, and illnesses under the guidance and direct supervision of a licensed PACE Physical or Occupational Therapist. Rehabilitation Aides are to follow through with a treatment plan established by the supervising Therapist to increase, restore, and maintain the functional capabilities of the patients. The role of the Rehabilitation Aide is to focus on providing exceptional care to the geriatric population whether at home or the PACE center. Abilities to meet the specific needs of these age groups may be gained through previous education, experience, and training.
1. High school diploma or equivalent, required. College work in a health career is desirable.
2. Restorative Nurse Assistant Certified preferred.
3. One year of experience in a medical care setting as an Aide in an allied health field is desirable.
4. At least 1-2 years of experience working with the frail elderly (Geriatric) and disabled population.
5. Current BLS certification, required.
6. Bilingual English/Spanish/Cantonese/Mandarin, preferred.
1. Assist or receive assignments by the PACE Care Center Supervisor and other clinical staff to determine needs for patient care and perform and assist participants in the activities of daily living (ADL),(IADLs) such as personal care, chore services, transfer, mobility, toileting, meals, and ambulating.
2. Assist with patient-related activities including equipment set-up and patient positioning in preparation for therapy sessions at the PACE Center that supports participant’s plan of care.
3. Provide routine and timely information concerning the participant’s response to the home visit or treatment to the PACE Care Center Supervisor or primary Therapist.
4. Document per AltaMed PACE departmental guidelines and within the established periods.
5. Executes functional activities and group classes at the PACE Center under the direct supervision of the Therapist.
6. Assist patients by demonstrating the proper use of equipment and with other patient-related treatment activities as appropriate. Monitor patients during treatment.
7. Transports patients to/from therapy as needed.
8. Maintains safe and clean working environment by complying with company policies and procedures, rules, and regulations.
9. Cleans, disinfect, and prepares equipment per company policy and guidelines. Rehab aides clean equipment and treatment rooms before and after sessions.
10. Ensures operation of therapy equipment by completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer’s instructions or company’s policies and procedures and calling for repairs.
11. Maintains inventory supplies, keeping stock areas clean and organized, and ordering new supplies as needed.
12. Perform clerical tasks such as inventory, filing, copying, and record organization as it relates to department activities.
13. Assist in the coordination of Durable Medical Equipment orders with the contracted Vendor.
14. Deliver DMEs, exercise packets to, or retrieve DMEs from participants’ homes as needed.
15. Perform all other related duties as assigned.
AltaMed offers a comprehensive benefits program that recognizes the needs of our diverse employees by supporting their health, security and professional growth.